Wednesday, August 10, 2011

9 Months Old

Our little girl turned 9 months old yesterday. One day I'll actually write these posts on the day of relevance...one day. Lily is all business these days - in a baby world where business involves non-stop playing. Everything she can get her hands on is a toy now that she can crawl. A particular favorite is a pail of metal cookie cutters that she loves to dump out onto the kitchen floor.

We went to the 9 month appointment on Monday, and Lily is very much a petite baby girl weighing in at 16 lbs. 13 oz. (16.68%) and measuring 27" (32.5%).

It has been a big, big month for Lily. She has accomplished a ton in her ninth month!

Crawling - accomplished a few weeks back after months of quad-pod stances and scooting backward.

* Pulling up to standing - on anything, even a flat wall will suffice. It seems like all she needs is something to keep her balance with.

*Clapping - the girl loves to clap.

*Pincher grasp - it's not perfect, but she's got the basic concept. She does best with Cheerios, and she loves Cheerios about as much as she loves to clap. She's also eating pinto beans, peas, pieces of carrot and sweet potato.

* Two teeth, bottom, center - you wouldn't believe how difficult it's been to get a photo of these.

Funny story about our discovery of the teeth. Lily is extremely averse to our hands in her face...the nose sucker, wiping food off her face, and checking her gums for signs of teeth. This made it almost impossible to know if any teeth were busting through. She had been showing some signs of teething but nothing extreme.

So, we were at a BBQ on a really hot day a couple of weeks ago, and I gave Lily a sip of water out of my glass. I heard a clink each time she took the glass to her mouth. I told Kevin, I think she has some teeth! He didn't believe it...said it was the ice clinking on the glass. So, we made a bet. If I was right, we get a new refrigerator. Later that night I got her to open up wide enough to see two tiny teeth poking through the bottom gums :) Still waiting on that new fridge.

And now the 9 month photos. Lily took a liking to the draw string on my pj pants during this shoot.



No comments: