November 9, 2010 ~ 9:15 a.m.
6 lbs. 11 oz. ~ 19 inches
(Lillian, just minutes old ~ photo courtesy of St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital)
She's here! She is two weeks old today, and I can hardly believe how fast these two weeks have gone. It's taken me some time to write this post...turns out babies are a lot of work :)
After six days of crazy-painful back labor at home, I had an awesome and fairly quick labor and delivery experience. Epidurals are amazing! I still think I could have gone without if it hadn't been for the week of torturous back pain prior to delivery. But by that point I need the epidural like I have never needed anything before. I was working on zero quality sleep and very little food by the time we checked into the hospital.
So far Lily has been a very content little girl. She rarely cries without a purpose, and as soon as we remedy her problem she usually calms right back down. She makes the funniest faces when she is fighting sleep or trying to wake up. Her little eyes roll around, her eyelids flicker open and shut and her eyebrows bob up and down.
Feeding has been our biggest challenge so far, but right around the one week mark Lily started to have more waking hours and a bigger appetite. So, we have made a lot of progress this week. She's still not on a solid schedule, but I've heard that by six weeks it usually goes like clockwork. Here's hoping!
In all, she is physically and emotionally exhausting and worth every single minute <3 She has definitely changed our lives forever, for better.
No comments:
Post a Comment