Monday, August 9, 2010

Updates

I haven't posted in a while. Here's what's new...
We can now feel from the outside and even see Lillian moving around and kicking. Kevin was able to feel a kick for the first time on my birthday back on July 17. Everything seemed to progress quickly after that. Her movements have become more frequent and she's packing a bigger punch these days. 

Seeing her move has been the most amazing thing ever. It happened all of a sudden a few weeks back towards the end of July. I was at a red light on the way to work one morning and she was kicking away, so I decided to stare down at my belly since I was wearing a fitted shirt and she was kicking pretty hard. And there it was! A little nudge. It looked like someone was poking me except from the inside, out. Ever since then I can look down at my stomach when she’s moving around and most times I can see the movement. It’s sort of mesmerizing. Sometimes it looks like a poke and sometimes, when she’s really moving, my belly kind of moves in waves like a massage chair…it’s crazy! 

I am bigger than ever as you might imagine. Officially in maternity pants. Although the Be Bands will still be used on a daily basis I'm sure (greatest things ever invented)!

Our baby girl is now 2 pounds and just over 9 inches long! She can hear the sounds around us and now her eyes are starting to open so it's possible for her to be sensitive to light and dark rooms. She and I seem to be on the same schedule with waking and sleeping....hope that lasts once she's born :)

I'll post more soon...off to work now. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: